Effective for the 2017/2018 season, the following bench staff qualifications are required: 2017/2018 Coaching Qualifications – ORA
In addition to meeting these certification requirements, each team must ensure that:
- their Manager has taken the Manager Certification course available through Ringette Canada,
- their Trainer has the required first aid certification. Note, however, the first aid certification requirement can be met by an otherwise qualified member of the bench staff who holds the certification. That individual must be on the bench for all games and provide first aid, as required, but the position does not have to be held be a separate individual.
New or additional notes for coaches for this year:
- In addition to the qualifications outlined at the above link, all coaches must take the “Making Headway” training, which provides information regarding concussion management. This is an on-line course – further details regarding this training and how to take it can be found on the Ringette Canada website.
- MED Evaluation requirement for coaches who already have the CSI MED training and evaluation but now need their CI MED – You can complete the CI eval. AT NOT CHARGE until December 31, 2017 and you don’t need to retrain in order to do the evaluation.
- MED Clinic and Eval – Jan 31.
- All other training – Jan. 8
Need for a course? Here’s the list of courses that are currently announced for Ottawa:
CSI Clinics for 2017
- Sunday, October 22, 2017 – hosted by Ottawa (Tom Brown Arena)
- Sunday, October 29, 2017 – hosted by West Ottawa (Richmond Arena)
- Sunday, November 12, 2017 – hosted by GCRA (Ray Friel Recreation Complex)
CI Clinics for 2017
- Saturday, September 30 to Sunday, October 1, 2017 – hosted by Nepean (Minto Barrhaven and Nepean Sportsplex)
- Saturday, October 22 to Sunday, October 23, 2017 – hosted by GCRA (Ray Friel Recreation Complex)
- Saturday, November 25 to Sunday, November 26, 2017 – hosted by CORA (Saturday at JA Dulude Arena, Sunday at Tom Brown Arena)
Want more info? Here are some helpful links: