The 9 Run Run Event is this Saturday, October 13 and is a great event in our community that supports Ottawa’s fire, police and paramedic services.
Please take note of the following road closures when trying to get to
- 07:00 to 13:00 Abbott Street West – both directions will be closed from Stittsville Main Street to Westridge Dr.
- 08:45 to 09:30 Stittsville Main Street – both direction from Abbott St to Fernbank Rd will be closed for the start of the 10K and Half Marathon races. The roadway will re-open once the last Half Marathon runner has passed by Fernbank Rd.
- 08:45 – 09:30 Closure of 10 K route (Stittsville Main, Brae Cres, Henry
Goulbourn, Cypress Gardens, Snowberry Way, Westridge from Snowberry to Abbott)
- 08:45 to 09:45 Stittsville Main to Flewellyn – southbound lane closed till last half marathoner passes Flewellyn
- 08:55 hrs to 09:30 Westridge Rd – northbound will be closed from Snowberry St to Abbott St The road will reopen once the last 10k runner has passed and is on the trail
- 09:15 to 11:15 Flewellyn Rd – westbound only, will be closed from Main Street to Munster Rd. It will be re-opened once the last runner has turned onto Munster Rd.
- 09:30 to 11:15 Munster Rd – northbound lane only, will be closed from Flewellyn Rd to Fernbank Rd. It will be re-opened once the last runner has turned onto Fernbank Rd.
- 09:30 to 11:30 Fernbank Rd -eastbound will be closed from Munster Rd to Jinkinson Rd. It will be re-opened once the last runner has turned onto Jinkinson Rd.
- 09:30 to 12:00 Jinkinson Rd -both directions will be closed from Fernbank Rd to a location north of the Trans Canada Trail (passed the turn around point). It will re-open once the last runner is on the Trans Canada Trail.
Full details about this event can be found at http://www.9runrun.ca/.