We are looking to fill a number of volunteer positions
for the upcoming 2019/2020 season
It takes many volunteers to run our Association successfully. Every season, a number of positions become available and this year is no exception.
• Power skating Coordinator – this individual is responsible for working with the provider for our power skating program and communicating with players and parents about the program throughout the season.
• Junior Bunnies Coordinator and Senior Bunnies Coordinator – these individuals (2 positions) will work in an “off ice” capacity and are responsible for coordination of our Bunny program. These individuals will work with and support the on-ice volunteers and communicate with the players and parents about the program.
• Qualifications Coordinator – this individual is responsible for tracking the qualification requirements for the various bench staff positions and pulling together the required report from our Association to the NCRRL.
• Ice Scheduler – working with the current Ice Scheduler during the 2019/2020 season and then assuming the position the following season, this individual is responsible for scheduling ice and practice times for our teams.
• Fundraising Coordinator – new this year, this individual will be responsible for looking into possible corporate (or other) sponsorship and fundraising opportunities for our Association.
• Player Advocate – also new this year, this individual will act as a liaison between players or parents and our bench staff or the Association to address issues or concerns that may arise for our members.
• Novice Coordinator – this individual is responsible for overseeing our Novice teams to help share coaching information and support the coaches and teams at the Novice level.
• Tournament Coordinator – this individual is responsible for overseeing our annual Association tournament, which typically takes place in February.
These are high-level descriptions to help give a general sense of what’s involved in each of the role. If you are interested in any of these positions, or would like more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak directly with any member of the Executive.
Interested in a Board position?
We are also looking for new board members for the upcoming season. Interested? Send an email to the Executive or speak directly with a current Director. New Directors will be appointed at the AGM (next Tuesday). Interested candidates should let the Executive know they are interested in advance of the meeting.