With heavy hearts, we would like to inform the WORA community of the passing of Kevin Meek, the father of Kailey Meek. After a brief battle with cancer, Kevin passed peacefully on Sunday, September 24, 2017 at the age of 54 years.
Kevin’s daughter, Kailey, was a long time WORA player and on-ice helper and Kevin was our web-master for a number of years. He proudly attended our senior banquet this last spring to see Kailey receive the Belle Leadership Award for WORA.
Kevin is survived by his loving spouse, Carolyn, children, Kailey and Connor, and many loving relatives, nieces, nephews, and friends.
Following his family’s wishes, no funeral will be held. A celebration of life will take place on:
Saturday, October 28
The Lions Hall
Stittsville (1339 Main Street)
In lieu of flowers, donations to the Stittsville Food Bank are appreciated (Stittsville Food Bank).
Condolences and memories may be shared here.
The 9 Run Run Event is this Saturday, October 14 and is a great event in our community that supports Ottawa’s fire, police and paramedic services.
Please take note and let your teams know of the following road closures when trying to get to arenas in the Stittsville area.
- 07:00 to 13:00 Abbott Street West – both directions will be closed from Stittsville Main Street to Westridge Dr
- 08:45 to 09:30 Stittsville Main Street – both direction from Abbott St to Fernbank Rd will be closed for the start of the 10K and Half Marathon races. The roadway will re-open once the last Half Marathon runner has passed by Fernbank Rd.
- 08:45 – 09:30 Closure of 10 K route (Stittsville Main, Brae Cres, Henry Goulbourn, Cypress Gardens, Snowberry Way, Westridge from Snowberry to Abbott)
- 08:45 to 09:45 Stittsville Main to Flewellyn – southbound lane closed till last half marathoner passes Flewellyn
- 08:55 hrs to 09:30 Westridge Rd – northbound will be closed from Snowberry St to Abbott St The road will reopen once the last 10k runner has passed and is on the trail
- 09:15 to 11:15 Flewellyn Rd – westbound only, will be closed from Main Street to Munster Rd. It will be re-opened once the last runner has turned onto Munster Rd.
- 09:30 to 11:15 Munster Rd – northbound lane only, will be closed from Flewellyn Rd to Fernbank Rd. It will be re-opened once the last runner has turned onto Fernbank Rd.
- 09:30 to 11:30 Fernbank Rd -eastbound will be closed from Munster Rd to Jinkinson Rd. It will be re-opened once the last runner has turned onto Jinkinson Rd.
- 09:30 to 12:00 Jinkinson Rd -both directions will be closed from Fernbank Rd to a location north of the Trans Canada Trail (passed the turn around point). It will re-open once the last runner is on the Trans Canada Trail.
Please note the time for the tournaments rep meeting is moved to 7:30pm at the Brown’s Independent in Stittsville